Guess Who Leads the Bribery World?
The USA is the most corrupt country in the world and I have 10,000 posts that point heavily to that fact…

Moore: ‘Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama’ December 8, 2011


December 7, 2011

by legitgov

ShareThis

Moore: ‘Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama’ 07 Dec 2011 MICHAEL MOORE, ON CNN: Well, “The Washington post” three weeks ago had this investigation and they said that President Obama has now raised more money from Wall Street and the banks for this election cycle than all — than all eight Republicans combined. I don’t want to say that, because if that’s the truth, that Wall Street already has their man and his name is Barack Obama, then we’ve got a much bigger problem. But I think President Obama, if he were here in the room, the question I would ask him is why are they your number one contributors? Why are you taking this money?

Comments (0)

FBI Probes Mishandling of Remains at Arlington Cemetery July 1, 2011

The FBI and the Army’s Criminal Investigation Command are now looking into the mishandling of remains and mismanagement at Arlington National Cemetery. The probe is part of a broad investigation run by the Justice Department that also includes a federal grand jury, sources tell The Washington Post.

The criminal inquiry is seeking evidence of contracting fraud and falsification of records.

The investigation into activities of the nation’s most hallowed military burial ground has been ongoing for the past six months.

Congress is also looking into the mess at Arlington that includes poor management, millions in waste, misplaced and misidentified remains, four cases of crematory urns being dug up and dumped in a dirt pile, and a mass grave.

Superintendent John C. Metzler Jr. and Deputy Superintendent Thurman Higginbotham were both forced out, the Post reported.

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Comments (0)

DREAM Act Could Stall in Maryland

A petition drive by Maryland GOP lawmakers to halt the state’s version of the DREAM Act appears to have succeeded in getting the measure on the November 2012 ballot. However, court challenges over online signature gathering methods could be on the way, The Washington Post reports.

The Maryland law granted in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants at state colleges and universities, a move that could cost the state $40,000 per student for a four-year education.

Critics of the measure plan to turn in 100,000 signatures this week.

State election officials have already certified the approximately 56,000 needed to suspend the law and put it on the ballot. The measure was to take effect Friday, according to the Post.

“People want to enforce immigration law, not skirt around it,” Republican delegate Neil Parrott said. “This was a highly divisive bill with bipartisan opposition that barely passed. It’s important to allow the residents of Maryland to have the final say.”

The law is the first to be decided by Maryland voters in 20 years. An abortion rights measure went before the voters in 1992 and was affirmed. Regardless, legal challenges are expected in the DREAM Act petition drive as organizers built and used an online tool to gather tens of thousands of signatures.

The online tool prints out a voter’s name and information exactly as it is listed in registration records and the voter then needs only to sign a print out of the petition and mail it to the campaign. State Board of Elections officials note that more than a third of the signatures already validated were generated using the online tool, the Post reported.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Maryland has already asked the elections board to look into the online tool.

In a letter sent last month, the ACLU said the method could not only “determine the fate of the DREAM Act petition effort, but could also dramatically change the petition process in Maryland going forward, opening many more state and local laws to petition challenges in the future.”

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Comments (0)

Survey of 300,000 Seeks Extent of Disease From Camp Lejeune’s Tainted Water June 28, 2011

About 300,000 people who lived and worked in North Carolina’s Camp Lejeune are being asked to fill out a detailed survey to determine what diseases may be linked to the base’s contaminated water supply. As many as 1 million people may have been exposed to toxins in well water that sometimes registered 40 times higher than safety standards, The Washington Post reported.

The Agency for Toxic Substances Disease Registry also is surveying more than 50,000 people who lived and worked at Camp Pendleton in California before 1986 for comparison purposes. Officials hope the surveys will provide answers to long-standing questions about the health effects of exposure to such chemicals as benzene, a known carcinogen, and tricholorethylene and tetracholorethylene, possible carcinogens, the Post reported.

Registry Director Christopher Portier said, “If we get a good response, we have the potential to see what is happening in populations in ways that we have been unable to do so before.”

The survey will include Marines and sailors stationed at Camp Lejeune between June 1975 and December 1985, and civilian employees who worked at the base between December 1972 and December 1985, the Post reported.

The 26-page survey asks about cancer, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, miscarriages, and other ailments thought to be related to exposure to contaminated well water. The various chemicals were dumped into storm drains and leaked from tanks, making their way into the groundwater. The problem was identified in 1982, and the wells were shut in 1984.

The first wave of surveys was mailed last week, with another round due in July. They will continue through the fall and are due back in December. The agency hopes to release its findings in 2014, according to the Post.

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Comments (0)

Marine Charged With Firing Shots June 23, 2011

A 22-year-old Marine reservist has been charged with firing shots at military buildings in the Washington, D.C., area last fall. Federal officials reveal in court papers that he videotaped himself shouting “Allah Akbar” after shooting at the U.S. Marine Corps museum, The Washington Post reported.

Yonathan Melaku was arrested last week at the Arlington National Cemetery. He was carrying a backpack with bags of ammonium nitrate, a material that can be used to make a bomb, and a note book with Osama bin Laden, the Post reported.

Court papers allege that between Oct. 16 and Nov. 2 Melaku fired shots at five military sites including into the windows of the National Museum of the Marine Corps and the Pentagon. Melaku joined the reserves in 2007 and has not been deployed overseas. He was found at Fort Myer in the early morning hours last week and when approached by base police fled, dropping his backpack. He was later picked up in the Arlington National Cemetery, the Post reported.

A search of his home turned up a video that showed him driving by the Marine Corps Museum and firing repeatedly out of the passenger window. “Alright next time this video turns on, I will be shooting,” Melaku said on the video, according to the Post. “That’s what they get. That’s my target. That’s the military building. It’s going to be attacked.”
The search also found a list of materials that “are consistent with the requirements for a time power unit and firing mechanism of an Improvised Explosive Device,” the complaint states, according to the Post.

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Comments (0)