– Palin explains that she is fit for high office because the proximity of Russia to her home state of Alaska gives her solid foreign policy experience (2008).
– Palin ridicules the Obama administration at a Tea Party meeting in Nashville (February 2010).
– Palin struggles to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads (CBS interview 2008).
“Only dead fish go with the flow.”
– Said after resigning as Alaska governor (2009).
– Palin, interviewed by a TV news crew after pardoning a Thanksgiving turkey. In the background other turkeys continue to be slaughtered (2008).
“They are also building schools for the Afghan children, so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighbouring country of Afghanistan.”
– At a San Francisco fundraiser (2008).
Palin’s speech gets the Republican national convention on its feet (2008).
“ ’Refudiate’, ‘mis-underestimate’, ‘wee-wee’d up’. English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words, too. Got to celebrate it!”
– Palin likens herself to the great Bard as she tries to defend a garbled tweet she had posted (July 2010).
“Nobody is more qualified to multitasking and doing all the things that you need to do as president than a woman, a mom.”
– At an event on Long Island (2011).
“If a caribou needs to be sacrificed for the sake of energy independence, I say, ‘Mr Caribou, maybe you need to take one for the team.’ ”
– Speaking at the Safari Club International (2011).