We don’t wish to contend Ottawa Senators owners Eugene Melnyk is a “dove” in this lockout war, though we’re flattering certain Prince once wrote a strain about him crying. He’s one of a few people on a NHL side of a list to undisguised contend “we should be personification hockey by now. Everybody knows it and we’re not.” And that’s in a post-Jimmy Devellano cattle-fine world.
[Related: Pascal Leclaire retires before his time]
Hence, it should come as no warn that a Senators are proactively looking over a work stoppage. On Monday, they led their season-ticket holders and past sheet buyers to an online consult that polled them on their annoy levels and asked them to cruise options for a correct “thank you” to a fans for their calm during this annoying lockout:
@SensForLife11Hmmmm …. Free parking, eh? Or maybe only cheat fans with $60? (As Kevin Lee, who screen-capped a above, notes, “That ’30% off sell for a initial 5 games’ is a misfortune saying as season-ticket holders already get 20% off merchandise…”)
From James Gordon of a Ottawa Citizen, who pennyless a story:
After seeking fans either or not they’re looking brazen to a Senators personification again and how many a work blocking has influenced their seductiveness in a team, a check asks them to rate discounts on a scale from “definitely would not purchase” to “definitely would purchase.”
… The check also tries to sign how fast fans will lapse to a rink, seeking in that month they’re many expected to attend a diversion if a new deteriorate starts in December.
Like many businesses, hockey teams frequently find out their customers’ opinions on a accumulation of topics. The stakes are quite high for a NHL right now, however, due to heated annoy over a second lockout in reduction that a decade.
These are all good and good, though we’d offer some other “thank we fans!” options for a Ottawa Senators …
• Constructing a RoboCop-like exoskeleton for defenseman Jared Cowen to support his bum hip, that is costing him a season.
• Renting out plots of land inside Paul MacLean’s mustache in sequence for families to keep comfortable in a oppressive Ontarian winter.
• Signing Daniel Alfredsson is a max-length agreement underneath a subsequent CBA. And then convincing him to play for another half-a-decade by a multiple of drugs, spell and Stanley Cup contention.
• “Point And Laugh At Dany Heatley Night” when a Minnesota Wild come to town.
• Or finally, only move behind this guy:
SENS ARMY … WE FIGHT (inaudible)!
Have any of we perceived surveys from NHL teams per post-lockout fan incentives?