China abroad | China during home
In an essay published on a website Saturday, a Economic Observer newspaper cites figures circulated final month by a Communist Party’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection for a work news on a latest anti-corruption efforts. The news states hurtful officials
fled with have fled with a sum of an estimated US$1 trillion (HK$7.75 trillion) in as of 2012, adult from US$412 billion and US$600 billion in 2010 and 2011, respectively, and even some-more officials are approaching to rush with an additional US$ 1.5 trillion 500 billion (HK$ 11.63 3.88 trillion) in 2013.
A disciplinary elect central interviewed for a essay also records during slightest 714 officials are reliable to have fled a nation during a Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day holiday final year alone.
– Abe bolsters Southeast Asia ties in bid to opposite China’s rising threat He stressed Tokyo’s antithesis to “changing a standing quo by force” in his meetings with a 3 countries’ leaders and demonstrated a clarity of togetherness amid heightened shared tensions with Beijing over a Japan-administered Senkaku Islands in a East China Sea.
Los Angeles Times
– China’s me-first unfamiliar policy Some Chinese observers trust that Abe and Park will be forced by China’s indomitable arise to come to terms with their hulk neighbor. Don’t count on it.
– China Publishes Gini Coefficient For First Time In 12 Years, But People Don’t Believe It It indeed fits into a new administration’s devise (the doubter would contend “hopeful wish”) for transparency, that betrothed panacea. Or could it be that a supervision believes a figure will continue to decrease, as it says it did final year?
East Asia Student
– Outrageously bad “Chinese Eugenics” essay published on Edge.org …it wouldn’t warn me during all if there is / was eugenics investigate going on in China, even on a vast scale (as there was in many countries in a 20th century, including a USA), though it’s zero like how Miller tries to claim.
Ministry of Harmony
– Chinese Release of Skyfall to Omit Sequence Where 007 Shoots Entire Politburo in a Head While SARFT officials explain that a omissions “do not block understanding” of a film, Chinese netizens and film critics have responded with ire to a actions of a state censor, with audiences pledging to criticism a recover and campaigns to revive a film’s strange calm begun both on and offline.
– Mobile Shopping On The Rise in China The series of mobile shoppers grew to 55.5 million, surging 136.5 percent in a second half of 2012 from a same duration a year ago. Mobile shoppers accounted for 23 percent of a nation’s 242 million online shoppers during this period.
– How China Was ‘Lost’ The elemental problem was that Roosevelt embraced a mythicized chronicle of Chinese reality, in that he identified China as one of a Big Four good powers that would take shortcoming for a postwar world, with a personality Chiang (whose name FDR specially rendered as “Shang”) in a same category as Joseph Stalin, Winston Churchill, and himself.
– Proposal to assistance Chinese “gay wives” stirs debate In a news expelled final week, a First Intermediate People’s Court of Beijing called for legislation to concede those who learn their spouses are homosexual to record for an nullification as an choice to divorce.